Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Woe is me

I was looking forward to putting in a solid 3 weeks of training before IMCAN and things were going well. I had an excellent bike ride on Saturday (aerobic ride - 120 km in 3 hrs 50 min) and enjoyed my rest day on Sunday.

However..........later that night my left hamstring acts up and it feels like I pulled it big time. This is after feeling perfect all day. I am totally puzzled.

So as of today, I have done zero exercise. I've just been icing, stretching, TP Massage balling, and finally some physio today. I am just hoping this clears up in time for IMCAN. We will see about the Cobourg races this weekend. Maybe I'll walk that run.

By the way, look for the new Ironman 70.3 Muskoka race on Sunday September 14, 2008. Signup is this Thursday at 7 am - www.ironmanmuskoka.com

But the HSBC series is going to announce a new Half Irondistance race that is coming to Bracebridege, Ontario too. I'll keep you posted or check www.multisportcanada.com for updates.

Now back to more icing.
Later
RH

No comments: