Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Glad to see Sportsline back

I saw the commercial for Sportsline a few days ago and it brought back some great memories.

Before the coming of all the sports network stations on TV, there was Sportsline. I remember watching it every night at around 11:30pm and it was the best sports show around because it had the full highlights that the regular news wouldn't cover.

And the hosts - Mark Hebscher, Jim Tatti, and Don Martin rocked. They were funny and just plain cool. The Hebsy Awards were great too. I think I had an old VHS tape somewhere will each month's collection on them - I gotta find that thing.

Anyway, the show is back on CHCH. Although it is just Hebsy returning.
http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/1469-sportsline-mon-dec-6-2010

What is Jim Tatti up to? Real Estate - likely more money in that anyway. He still talks sports with his blog.

And Don Martin? I don't know where he is right now but the last time I ran into him he was playing golf in Ballantrae. Many moons ago we played the old shinny game together, and as a reporter a few times when he had a better position than me in a scrum of reporters he generously grabbed my tape recorder for me to get my voice quotes. A really good guy.

Anyway, glad to see that the show is back. I hope all those guys are doing well though.

Check out this vintage footage of when Bob McCown hosted the show.

No comments: