Saturday, February 19, 2011

Canadian Tennis at it's Peak!

Aside from the night I beat former World Number one, Ivan Lendl in a tennis match -- for fun of course, tonight and tomorrow is history in the making for tennis in Canada.

3 Canadians are in the finals in Memphis.

Tonight Rebecca Marino plays in the women's final.



And tomorrow, Milos Raonic plays in the men's final, and Daniel Nestor (I great guy who I grew up playing against, he even umpired one of my matches once when one of my opponents acted a bit dishonest) plays in the men's doubles final.









Crazy or what? This is incredible stuff and I am so glad that Sportnet has stepped up to change it's regular programming to broadcast it. Including some of the lead up matches.

Go Canada! I'll be watching all of it, or at least following it on the ATP/WTC App.

No comments: