Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mid-August Update


For those that follow me I just have one thing to say....Sorry!

Controlled chaos is the best way to describe life right now.

Since coming back from racing in Germany at the start of July it has been non-stop action.

Racing at Gravenhurst; working for Ironman at Lake Placid; back for more racing at Bracebridge, and Cobourg; lots of writing; and coaching of course.

Oh yeah, and I try to get in some sort of training.

The last few races have been not up to my standards thanks to that lack of training. I gained 10 lbs in one month and that does not serve me well for those hilly courses of Bracebridge and Cobourg. But that has sparked me to get back on track, even though I do not have another Ironman race scheduled for the rest of this year.

Typically, that second late season one keeps me going but not this year since life will change big time very soon with the arrival of my first kid. I am more excited about that than anything else. But I still better get in some bikes and runs to make sure I don't approach Marshmallow Man status.




I try to get some race report done soon.
Till next time.
H


No comments: