Sunday, January 29, 2012

Freddy Proia

Freddy is an old pal from high school. We had lots of great times and I got the chance to see him work out his comedy routine in many classes. Among other things, like talent show tryouts, and sitting beside him in English class with him reading and answering Man of La Mancha in a Spanish accent for the entire class. It was hilarious because no one was expecting it (except for me of course - I kept encouraging him to do it), it came out of nowhere and no one knew if it would end. He followed through all the way.

Freddie is a funny guy and most importantly a great guy. I haven't seen him in while but I am a huge fan of his. He was named Canada's Funniest New Comic a few years ago - I believe he was awarded it by Joan Rivers too.

I've caught his show a few times and you should too if you get the chance. He has lots of great impressions and plenty of topical and situational stuff you can identify with. You will not be disappointed. Check out a sample below.







No comments: