Friday, July 06, 2012

Sorry for the hiatus

Wow! I knew I hadn't posted here in a while but this is ridiculous.

Way too many things on the go plus a very active kid to keep up with.

On the racing front, I've been hampered by knee problems. So I have not trained as much as I've liked, especially on the run. So at this point of the season I am usually approaching good race fitness and dropped quite a few pounds of winter hibernation weight. Neither is the case right now.

I've been able to crank out some good bike splits at some races, which I am happy with given my lack of training, but the run is nothing to speak of. I really do not want to push my luck with the knee.

After riding 2:35 at Welland and following that up with a 3 hr walkfest (knee was shot), I have not run for 2 weeks. I may keep going like this in training (running only in race) for a while and see how it goes. Not great preparation for Ironman but I am not planning on breaking records this year anyway. I can only try to keep my fitness up in whatever way I can and deal with it on race day -- you never know.

Check out the recent edition of Triathlon Magazine Canada, I've got quite a few articles in there -- another reason for not training.



Train and Race safe, smart, and hard.
Catch you again soon
RH

No comments: