Monday, October 30, 2006

Film Review: Wired to Win

If you didn't already know, there is an IMAX Film currently showing around the world called Wired to Win. In Ontario, you can see it at the Ontario Science Centre (be warned that parking costs $8 there).

What did I think of it?

I was really looking forward to it (since I love watching cycling) and it was quite good but not great. I'd rate it a solid 7 and possibly an 8 out of 10.

This film would have been tons better with more IMAX footage. I did not time it but I could have sworn that 30% of it or more was not even IMAX stuff and just OLN/TV footage, along with animation.

That first shot of the Tour de France with the camera coming over the mountains and hovering over the riders was breathtaking. All of the cycling footage was awesome to see, I just feel it needed tons more of it.

It was like the producers felt they needed to justify the science end of the film and constantly keep showing the animation to explain fairly basic stuff. The only thing I have left to say is make a Wired to Win 2 and give us more cycling footage because that was the highlight of the film.

It is worth seeing, but cycling junkies should be forewarned that their thirst for wicked IMAX cycling footage may not be quenched fully after watching this film.

Enjoy.

RH

No comments: