Friday, October 12, 2007

Kona goes tomorrow

Some people look forward to the Superbowl as their big yearly sports event, not me. This weekend is all about the World's Greatest Sporting Event, the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii.

Tomorrow morning, the world's best athletes will jump into the waters to do a 3.81 km swim, ride 180 km and finish with a 42 km run.

So who is going to win at the big dance?
I know who I WANT to win. But will they?
My faves for victory are Michellie Jones (no surprise--see my first blog entry), and Chris McCormack. I'll be cheering for them the whole way along with Canadian Samantha McGlone of course.

Here are my picks for top five in both the women's and men's race.

Women
1. Michellie Jones
2. Samantha McGlone
3. Natasha Badmann
4. Desiree Ficker
5. Kate Major
Also watch for: Joanna Zeiger, Joanna Lawn, and Heather Gollnick.

Men
1. Chris McCormack
2. Normann Stadler
3. Craig Alexander
4. Rutger Beke
5. Tim DeBoom (suspiciously quiet and under the radar)
Watch for: Jasper Blake, Cameron Brown (also under the radar), Tom Evans and Chris Lieto. Faris Al-Sultan just dropped out of the race (6:10am).

Go Canada!!!
It should be an awesome day of racing.

Til next time
RH

No comments: