Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Toronto Waterfront 1/2 Marathon

This past weekend I performed the role of the 2 hr (10 and 1) Pace Bunny at the Toronto Waterfront Marathon. I finished with a time of 2:00:00.4, and I am happy to say that all those that followed me finished sub 2 hrs and reached/surpassed their goals (I told them to blast off with 1 km to go if they hadn't taken off already).

I did this last year and once again it was a ton of fun. This year we more more recognizable so I had lots more followers and runners asking me questions along the way.

This is one of the better races to do. Brilliantly organized, nice route, a cool finish area, it always seems to have awesome weather, the Expo is one of the best on the circuit, and their pacer program is unique.

I was also real cool to see the fastest marathon run on Canadian soil. Check this out. http://www.teamrunningfree.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98

Thanks to Alan and Michael of the Canada Running Series. They put on awesome running events and this event keeps getting better and better. I hope they take me back for pacer duties for a third year in a row.

No comments: