Thursday, December 18, 2008

Get yourself a pair!



Since August I've been experimenting with compression socks (not run specific) to help speed my recovery from the Achilles tendon rupture (ATR). For the most part, the only place to get them was from the USA, and they were expensive.

Recently, my favourite store, Running Free, got some run specific socks in stock and at a reasonable price ($30 vs $50 us +). I gave them a try and loved them. I have done every run in them since getting them on December 12. Provided that there are any left, I suggest you rush over to the store to get a pair or two for yourself or for that favourite athlete in your life.

They are the Sugoi R & R Knee High. They provide support, and while the compression is not super high, it feels more comfortable than those that do have more.

http://www.runningfree.com/detail.aspx?ID=13243

Spend a few bucks more ($50) and use code 11296 to save $5.

I've been working on an in depth compression sock review since the summer and that will be posted soon.

Til next time, thanks for reading.
RH

No comments: