Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Sorry for the tardiness of this post but......




I hope you didn't celebrate so much that you looked like this Boston Terrier.

I am busy writing articles for the HSBC Triathlon Series, Triathlon Magazine Canada, doing assignments for my courses, etc. So I will try and post some triathlon related stuff soon or whatever interesting things I may find.

In my own training related news, I finally eeked into the double digits as I did 10 hrs and 1 minute of training last week. Capped off by 2500m of swimming last night. I've done more swimming in the past 4 months (still only once a week) than I've done in 10 years and I think it will definitely pay off this summer. My right shoulder is taking a beating though. Which is why I didn't swim much in the first place---too many years of competitive tennis and cranking out serves in the 144 mph range. For a vertically challenged dude I am paying for those efforts now.

If you want to know about the nonsense that an elite athlete has to go through on a daily basis check out this classic post by Simon Whitfield.

http://simonwhitfield.blogspot.com/2008/12/unreal-my-whereabouts.html

Til next time
RH

No comments: