Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Random thoughts (edition #1)

Life is busy so all I have time for is some random thoughts to kick off February.
Many of these are great revelations I'm sure but here we go.

1. The Raptors are absolutely horrible. Come on dudes, at least look like you are trying out there. This is the first year that I've not tuned into every game (that TSN2 nonsense is also a factor).

2. Leafs. Just tank the season already and get a top draft pick.

3. If he keeps going on this pace, Rafa Nadal may end up being greatest tennis player of all time. At least in terms of Grand Slam victories. Federer just can't beat this guy, and he appeared to have given up during the 5th set of the Australian Open final. His bawlin' at the awards ceremony may have shown his realization of his poor effort or even some despair. Nadal just keeps getting better. We all know he is a clay court master, but he tinkered and improved his game to win all all surfaces. If he can stay healthy, it will be real interesting to see what he can do because he is still a young buck.

4. See Slumdog Millionaire. It is on my all time top ten list for sure. Gran Turino is quite the swan song for Clint Eastwood too.

5. My Achilles is coming along great and is feeling as normal as it can be. I am not pushing the intensity too much and main keeping things aerobic. Clocked a 3:39 for 200 m at swim practice last night. It was during a set of 4 x 200m. I did all 4 in a total time of 15:03. Nothing crazy, but just a steady high aerobic manageable pace. I'm actually lovin' the swimming who would have thought?

6. All the best to my "Aunt-in-law" who is recovering from Achilles tendon surgery. I hope I didn't start some epidemic among my friends and family. This not an experience I want to wish on anyone.


Till next time, thanks for reading.
H

No comments: