Tuesday, August 11, 2009

DNF this past weekend

Yes, my first DNF.

Although there was one quite a few years ago I don't really count that one since it was due to a poorly designed run course that got a got chunk of athletes lost in the woods and going in circles. We finally made it out and somehow popped out a few meters from the finish line.

Anyway, this past weekend, I did the Bracebridge Half Iron and flatted 3x. The final time I replaced the tube and when the tire deflated soon after I checked the tire and found a bunch of cuts in it and a few pebbles sticking out of a few cuts. My day was over with 10km to go.

I should have done the run to get in some run training but I was not in the mood.

Hopefully I got my share of flats to last me for a while.

I just found an old article from the local paper. Gotta get back into the positive.

http://www.yorkregion.com/article/93213

Have a great week.

By the way, if you didn't already know, Chrissie Wellington changed coaches again. She just dropped Simon Lessing. No news on the new one, or if there will be one.

No comments: