Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ooops

I just checked in and realized that I haven't posted in a while. Sorry for being neglectful but there is only so much time in the day. I regularly post on Twitter, and on my column at MySportShooter.com so check things out there.

The last few weeks have all been about getting in some final training hours before I headed into the taper this week for the Canadian 226.

I raced the Cobourg International Du today and the weather was brutal. Crazy rain and wind, and top that off with a hilly bike course.

I had a decent race. 7th overall, 3rd on my age group. I did not have the bike I wanted but it was likely due to the wonderful weather conditions because I felt good. It took me 46 min to ride the first 20km, and 32 minutes the do the 2nd 20km. Most of the really bad weather was during that first 20 km so surely messed up my time. I was definitely happy with my run, it was 7-8 in terms of perceived effort. One of my better runs and I resisted red-lining.

More racing to come on Sunday. The GT 12.9 at 8am, followed by the Sprint Du. I may just have to push hard and let go of the reins. We shall see how the body feels.

US Open Tennis starts in a few days. I love the TV coverage and camera angles. The best of all the Grand Slams.

Have a great week.

No comments: