Thursday, September 17, 2009

IM Wisconsin

Nope, I didn't do it.
But I was there to cover it for ironman.com
If you followed the coverage live online via text updates and pictures - that was me.
Very exciting, hectic, pressure packed, and tiring. Basically a 19 hr day.
Congrats to my buddy Touraj Asadi who finished his first Ironman that day. I caught him coming across the finish line and greeted him. It was a highlight of my day for sure.

Madison is a beautiful little city. Great little college town, the State Capitol building is impressive, so is the Farmer's Market and the race organization.

I just might have to return to race in this one.

One of my post-race stories is posted here.

http://ironman.com/events/ironman/wisconsin/raynard-tissink-and-amy-marsh-win-at-2009-ford-ironman-wisconsin

No comments: