Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A win at Lakeside

On Sunday, I ended my multisport season with a win at the Lakeside GT 12.9. I've had some age group wins but this was my first overall win at a race so it was very cool.

Yes, some of you might be thinking that it was "only" a 400m swim, 10 km bike, and 2.5 km run, but this race is as legit as any other. Is a 5 km running race any less important or difficult than a 10km, half marathon or marathon? I love doing half marathons because it doesn't hurt as bad as a 5 or 10km. But maybe that is just me.

Anyway, I love the GT 12.9 distance because it is pure and simple "go as hard as you can" racing. Every second counts since the race is so short. You can easily blow a race in transition. It kinda gives you a taste of what those crazy fast guys do in ITU racing.

Check out my race report here:

http://www.teamrunningfree.com/blog/2009/09/21/end-of-season-win-at-lakeside-ii/

or my column at MySportsShooter

http://mysportsshooter.com/rogers-world/bittersweet

Have a great week.

No comments: