Monday, August 01, 2016

The 2016 Season - Just Relays for Me

If you are actually still checking in from time to time looking for some kind of post or update, sorry it's taken so long.

Life is busy with coaching, writing and reporting, so it's far easier for me to provide quick thoughts and updates via Twitter (the feed is embedded on the right column of this page) and the Ignition Fitness Facebook Page.

With my shoulder ruined (starting back into tennis this summer didn't help the situation), and my foot issues continuing. I decided before the start of the season to recruit friends to race triathlon and duathlon relays with me in the Recharge With Milk Triathlon Series. I do the biking and they do the swim and run or run and run.

We've been getting on the podium quite regularly. Thanks to Jason and Troy. 1st at Woodstock Du Relay, 3rd at the Welland Long Course Tri Relay, 1st at the Belwood Tri Relay, 3rd at the Gravenhurst Olympic Tri Relay. More to come.




Now that August is here, I figured that a 6 month plus layoff from running is going to come to an end. To get myself going again, I am bringing back something I used to do many years ago with Team Running Free and that's to initiate different challenges to provide extra motivation to get things done. This time it's #31runsin31Days - feel free to join in at any time. I will be posting on Twitter daily.



Catch you again when the 31 days are over.
Train hard, race harder.
RH

No comments: