Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I proved my worth as an "Ironman" today

It has often been said that just getting to the start line of an Ironman race is a victory in itself.

I've finally accepted that belief today.

Prior to this year, I did my 11 Ironman races relying on whatever fitness I had at the time (1/2 ironman fitness or less) and willpower. So while it was a victory of sorts to get to the start line and do the race, I knew I could have dedicated much more training to it all.

Today in the miserable weather we had here in Toronto (about 17 degrees celsius and raining), I did a solid 3 hour run.

I was not in the mood to do it at all. The gloomy weather was not inviting, both of my aching achilles and my left knee didn't want to head out there either. But the thought of slugging it out and putting in an honest day's worth of training towards doing a good Ironman got to me and got me out the door.

I feel tons better for doing it (maybe my achilles and knee wont think so tomorrow) and hopefully these little mental and physical victories will do me some good for Ironman Lake Placid on July 22.

Time to recover. Bring on the Cytomax Recovery - Vantage Vanilla, and some steaks.

Til next time.
R

No comments: