Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bike Fit, IMUSA 2007, IMCAN 2006

Did a 10 minute ride on the Siena today and it was sweeeet (Yes, I will be saying that a lot but it is true). I followed it up with a short 32 minute run, then packed up and made my way to see Ian MacLean of imfit.ca for my bike fit.

Within an hour Ian had my fit dialed in. I was spinning effortlessly and everything felt comfortable. Of course the true test will come in 10 days during that 180 km ride at Ironman Canada. Of note was that according to the SpinScan, my pedal stroke has improved over the course of a year. Could that be the new bike? The bike fit? All I know is that I never saw those numbers when I rode the Computrainer last week.

Just checked the Ironman USA Lake Placid website and I confirmed that I am entered for my 9th race in a row there. What really go me thrilled was seeing my good buddy Angus entered. I knew he could not pass it up and let me do it alone. Retirement my @$$. Good to also see the "BOAT" entered as well (you know who you are), I am glad I had the chance to return the favour since she lined up after IMCAN last year and signed me up and I did the same for her at Lake Placid. IMUSA 2007 will be a fun time.

Finally, I am slowly getting excited to do this race. The new ride is making that a big factor but another huge factor is the friends that are coming out to watch -- but not me necessarily (Wooly, Goose, Mich, J.P, Anna). And as of today a few more are coming. Marie, Andrew and their kiddies are making the trip out to BC to visit family but will stop in Penticton for a few days to check out the race. How cool is that? There is no way that quitting is ever going to enter my mind on race day.

Til next time
Hoss

No comments: