Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The New Ride is Here!

Here it is in all its splendor, the beautiful Litespeed Siena.
It is sweeeeeeet!

Got it tonight, thanks to Eon D'Ornellas. Knowing that I needed a bike for Ironman Canada (in 12 days), he came to the rescue within hours of talking to him. The folks at Litespeed also recognized my dilemma and helped out huge too.

Why did I need a bike so desperately? I sold off the 2 I had once the Litespeed sponsorship came through. I did not expect the bikes to be sold in less than a week but they were.

Now I have to take it to Ian MacLean of imfit.ca to get it fitted. I must also thank him for squeezing me in with such short notice. The bike is being shipped out to Penticton on Saturday.

Do I really want to ride a new bike and position this close to the race? Sure, it doesn't matter to me. What better way to check out the position than on a 180 km ride? After my crappy bike ride at Ironman USA, I could not ride worse. Or could I? We shall see on August 27th. I do know that I am likely not going to be using aerobars for IMCAN. The new handlebars are flat and don't allow for them to be put on. Should be interesting.

I do look forward to getting a Saber or Blade in the spring so I can go seriously aero and super fast during next year's races.

I can't wait for 2007 to come. Thinking of getting a bike? Go with Litespeed.

They are the ultimate machines. Check out the link on the side.

Til next time,

Roger


No comments: