Saturday, August 19, 2006

Siena is off to Penticton

Finally put in a bit of time on the new ride and rode Siena yesterday for 52 km, followed by a 20 minute run. It was smooth ride, just as comfy as my previous all carbon bike only Siena is stiffer. Since I will not be riding Siena with aerobars for Ironman Canada it will be quite interesting to see what happens. I've never ridden in a race without aerobars on the bike, but with Ironman Canada being hilly I don't see much of an issue.

Today I got up at 6:30 am (4 hours sleep), and went out for a ride with my buddy "The Avalanche". The roads were real quiet and we managed to push a health tempo for 60 km. Avg Hr: 132 Max: 172 Cal: 1699. I was flying up the hills along the way at a nice clip and it did not feel that tough (running a 25 rear). Knowing that I was going to put on a 27 rear for the race, I felt that I should be in good shape for race day.

Later I drove down to D'Ornellas Bike Shop, put my wheels with the 27 rear on Siena, and handed her off to Aubrey Bryce for shipping to Penticton. I may be just a proud Papa talking, but Siena is definitely the best looking bike out of all of the bikes being shipped out there. I'll be seeing her again in 5 days. By the way, there is no better way to ship your bike to a race. Paying those money grabbing airlines $100 each way to ship your bike is pure nonsense. Plus they may lose it, damage it, etc. This way eliminates those worries and you do not have to take apart your bike and put it all together again since it is shipped in one piece.

The rest of today was spent eating, drinking, and resting.

Good to see Mike Weir playing some good golf today. Hopefully he can continue to play well and win his 2nd major tomorrow.


Mike & Tiger at the Masters

Right now Ana Ivanovic (my current fave female tennis player and my pic to break into the top 10 and do some serious damage) is playing to get herself into the finals of the Roger's Cup in Montreal. They are in a rain delay but things look good for her to get into the final to play Martina Hingis (love the way she plays) on the comeback trail.


Anna Ivanovich


Martina Hingis & Anna Kournikova (Do you like how I snuck her in there?)

The original Martina (Navratilova) is still kicking butt out there at age 50. She is arguably the greatest female athlete of our time, is in the doubles final tomorrow.


The Greatest - Martina Navratilova

Three of my fave tennis players, and Mike Weir in contention, could be an excellent sports day tomorrow. I have a 1-1.5 hr run, and a 1.5-2 hr ride planned for tomorrow. Then its chill time til the big day next week.

Blog again soon
Roger

No comments: